He has a name!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Well after nine months and only three and a half more weeks before our little boy arrives he officially has a name. We are so excited to announce that his name will be Graham David Stephenson. I (Kelly) fell in love with the name Graham early on in our pregnancy but did not think that Davy liked the name as much as I did. We discussed many other names but they would only stick for a few days.

Davy and I were walking through Hobby Lobby yesterday and he surprised me by saying that he had a name that he would like to name our son. I was thrilled he had a name but a little nervous to know what it was. He took me to the wooden letter aisle and began pulling the letters that spelled Graham. I was shocked but so ecstatic that he also loved the name.

Here are a few pictures of our updated nursery that is now almost complete. All we need now is Graham!






After we had finished painting the letters for Graham's name, Davy decided he wanted to cut out a train with the extra plywood. I was amazed at how he sketched out a train from scratch (did not copy it) and then used his jigsaw tool to cut out the train. I stood in amazement at his carpentry abilities.

Davy also built these shelves. He is so talented!

5 comments:

Robby said...

Woo-hoo! I love it, my nephew Graham.

Anonymous said...

Great Name! We are so excited and can't wait to meet him! Praying for you guys!!
UK & AB

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love the name! I know you are excited. Your blog looks awesome!

Courtney said...

A very cute nursery and a very cute name!!! I know you are both so excited to meet little Graham!

The Schuck Family said...

Hey Kelly! I'm so excited for you! I love the name Graham and his nursery is adorable! You've done such a great job on your blog...you and Jen both. I need to get some tips from you guys one day when your not so busy! :) I basically just know the basics. Anyways, you are getting so close! Can't wait to hear about his arrival. How cool that Graham and Mason will be so close in age! Take care!